Re: scp problems

On Wed, Feb 21, 2001 at 12:29:15PM -0800, Alberto Begliomini wrote:
> Corinna,
>
> I saw in the archives that many people are experiencing problem
> with scp, when when the server is NT. I am one of them.
>
> In particular:
>
> - scp-ing files, which are larger than few kilobytes,
> dies with a "lost connection message".
>
> -scp-ing small files works, however scp hangs after the file is
> transferred.
>
> I can use a workaround like the following to transfer files, it
> is not elegant but it works:

> however, is there any plan to get scp to work properly?

The clue is it works properly on all my boxes and I have a
very mixed environment (developer versions, official 2.3.0p1, ...)

latest/openssh contains three versions:

	- 2.3.0p1-1 using socketpair()
	- 2.3.0p1-2 using pipe()
	- 20001221  developer snapshot using socketpair()

Simply try if one of that versions work better.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.