Re: sh.exe: Command not found

> >> Why not use the version of make that comes with Cygwin?
> >It is, actually. I change it to "gmake" so it doesn't conflict with
> >another project that uses "make", and they need to coexist on the same
> >system.
> Well, you have both renamed it and moved it to a nonstandard location.

Correct. Does renaming it actually harm things? I'd rather not have to
require >30 developers to install the entire cygwin package - we're trying
to keep it easily movable from one machine to another.

> I wonder if that is your problem.  Usually sh.exe is expected to be in
> the standard /bin location.  Does /bin/sh.exe exist?

It doesn't. Is /bin something that should be created and stored on
whatever drive it's in? It'd be nice if I could set some environment
variable that would point it to the proper location.

But strangely, why would a invocation of a command that uses quotes cause
a different behavior than that of a compile?

-->Neil