Oops! [was: req/suggestion: giftrans]

On 25 Feb 2001, an entity purporting to be cygwin@sourceware.cygnus.com
[Soren Andersen <soren@wonderstorm.com>] wrote [regarding req/suggestion: giftrans]

> any info about anybody ever porting the oldy- moldy
> little tool `giftrans' to any Win32-ish platform.

> If anyone on this List knows otherwise or has done it, or is sitting on
> their hands in gravest dire boredom looking for something to do (yeah,
> THAT's likely!) and decides to tackle what will probably be a pretty trivial
> little port (exactly one C file), it would be appreciated to know of it.

Oops. I was in another reality for a moment. Sorry! maybe this is NOT the
best thing to do; one reason there's no development on GIFtrans is that it's
not very morally (and legally?) compatible with Open Source development
to use UNISLUDGE's LZW compression. It just happens that I recently was
dealing with some shell scripts that use the netpbm tools and wanted to
make some conversions from GIF->XPM, but IrfanView reputedly does
this anyway. So ... [Roseanne Roseanna-Danna voice]: "Never mind!".

    soren andersen