RE: Installing OpenSSH under NT

Matthias,

You have to understand that cygwin is UNIX emulation running
on Windows NT/9x/2000. Having said that, many types of programs
run under UNIX, the most common of which is the shell script which
is a much more powerful programming environment but still somewhat
like a batch file. Specifically, I checked the ssh-config file type:

$ file `type -p ssh-config`
/usr/bin/ssh-config: Bourne shell script text executable

When you click on the Cygwin icon, it runs a batch file (cygwin.bat)
which puts you into bash (Bourne again shell). The prompt changes to
$ indicating you are now in the shell environment (as opposed to
the standard NT cmd prompt).

You should probably check out the FAQ for cygwin to get more details.

HTH,

--Kevin