RE: Windows expertise needed: what are MinSPs

See also http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q149/0/83.asp

- Barry Buchbinder

You're running Win95 or Win98 isn't it?

There 32-bit DRIVERS are allocated a default 1-page stack (that is 4kbyte).
If there is a stack overflow, Win98 will look in a pool of Spare Stack pages
to grow the driver's stack. It's this set of spare stack pages you are
increasing by setting MinSPs :-)

Note that you must always increase it by 4 (i.e. set it to 8, 12, etc.)
according to Microsoft... Now, why do you have stack overflows in 32-bit
drivers is another history but you should have corrected the problem if you
no more get the same message :-)

HINT: have you installed anything on your computer recently?

HTH

        Bernard