Re: New symlinks

My last email related to the symlinks==shortcuts discussion.

IMO, the symlink==shortcut is a great new thing. I like them.
I don't like them only because I wrote them but I like the
way to have a better interoperability with native Windows
tools (whichever direction).

Nobody of the posters here could convince me that the way I have
implemented them is bad or wrong. So I don't see a need to change
the implementation.

Especially I can't understand why most of the folks see problems
which currently not has happened.

    Did you ever see technological progress when people
    only fearfully try to avoid any problem which could
    happen (perhaps)?

Please, let's test this for a while first. If this mixes up
things too much we can discuss this again or revert the change.

We have a loss only if we never try it.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.