RE: New symlinks

On Thu, 1 Mar 2001, at 19:35:42 +0100, Bernard Dautrevaux mangled the
formatting of a message sent by Larry Hall on Thursday, March 01, 2001
at 6:51 PM; and wrote:

> > could be used
> > >
> > >What he said!
> > >

> He said he's not sure it's worth the trouble to try to allow native Windows
> programs and Cygwin programs to work together nicely.

Sorry, this is a stupid English idiom (or stale American joke line). It
means, more or less, "I agree with what he said so well."

> > BTW, I think its great that Corinna's work has brought up
> > this issue.  The
> > ability to use Windows shortcuts in Cygwin has been a
> > recurring "request"
> > and it's wonderful that she's taken some time to address it.

What he said, too!

> What I like with Corinna's solution is that it works both ways, something
> that helps a lot integrating POSIX applications ported under cygwin and
> existing Windows applications; after all THAT is the obective of cygwin
> isn't it?

It's up to the Cygnus/Red Hat guys to say what the objective of Cygwin
is. But as the user guide ("http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-
net/overview.html") notes, it is useful for more than one purpose.

--
robert mcdougall  .  center for global trade analysis