Re: Can't build Make from source because Windows header filesmoved to /usr/include/w32api?

---- Original Message -----
From: "Jonathan Kamens" <jik@curl.com>
To: <cygwin@cygwin.com>
Sent: Friday, March 02, 2001 1:41 AM
Subject: Re: Can't build Make from source because Windows header
filesmoved to /usr/include/w32api?

> If someone who understands the compiler issues updates the Cygwin
> version of autoconf (or the standard FSF version of autoconf which is
> then picked up by the Cygwin version), I will update the configure
> scripts for other packages as necessary and submit patches.

There probably need to be two macros, and the developer chooses one:
"This package uses win32 when built on cygwin"
"This package does not use win32 when built on cygwin"

which will test and set -mwin32 or =mno-win32 appropriately.

I'm moving house this weekend so there's no chance of a patch just yet
;) Also I have no idea on the autoconfize script so perhaps if I can
whip up the two macros above someone else can do the autoconfize stuff?

> >    1) This has only become a problem recently with a change to gcc
>
> Yes, I realize this.  That's why I was asking if people were aware of
> it and someone was going to fix it.  I checked the mailing list
> archives and did not see any previous mention of the problem; if it
> had already been mentioned, I wouldn't have said anything.

Until late last week no final decision on the compiler behaviour had
been made. The cygwin-apps list has a little more detail on this.

Rob