What is the ;atest status of df on Win9x/ME??

Hi,

I saw over the weekend that df is returning me a value of 2.0GB for
all the important values on my WinME/Fat32  machine.  I know that df is
working correctly on Win2K/Fat32, so I checked the FAQ, and it states
that :
1:  It's out of date
2:  there is a problem with the winapi stat command.
3:  Does anyone want to take it on?

So, my question:  What is the actual status, and what needs to
be done to fix it?  I might be willing to "tackle" the problem, if
I had a bit more info...

Thanks.