Bash/Emacs Problem

Hi

I have been using cygwin bash for several years without any problems.
However, lately (last few months), bash always ends with an error status
131072 when I run it as a subprocess of Emacs 20.7.1. I did a netinstall of
the latest cygwin today and I still get this error even when the task being
performed by bash appears to be successful. For example, when I use bash to
launch make from Emacs, the make appears to be normal but I still get this
error. Recently, I have tried checking files out of a repository using bash
to launch cygwin cvs and the checkout fails with this error code. I am not
sure when this started. I have upgraded Emacs and cygwin several times over
the last few months and I recently changed from Windows 95 to Windows
Millenium.

Any idea what may be causing this problem?

- Paul