Re: problem in telnet session

On Wed, Mar 14, 2001 at 03:12:53PM -0800, Rui-Tao Dong wrote:
> I was thinking that if I could get
>
>   start.dwFlags = STARTF_USESHOWWINDOW;
>   start.wShowWindow = SW_HIDE;
>
> into LPSTARTUPINFO before inetd forks the first client, everything
> should be OK.  However, I can't find an obvious place to insert the
> code.

You will not find that anywher in the inetd code. inetd uses fork/exec
which is in Cygwin handled by calling some dubious Windows functions
including CreateProcess. If you want to add that change to inetd you're
on your own since you would have to rewrite the call of the child
process completely by yourself. Be aware that that will heavily influence
interaction with Cygwin processes up to a full disfunctionality.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.