Re: Problem with scanw() in ncurses

Hi!

Friday, 16 March, 2001 Charles S. Wilson cwilson@ece.gatech.edu wrote:

CSW> Known problem; no known explanation.  I think there's a note in the
CSW> release announcement that the test program
CSW> (/usr/bin/ncurses-test-dll/testscanw.exe) doesn't work; check
CSW> cygwin-announce archives.  This problem is not dll-related, because the
CSW> statically-linked version (/usr/bin/ncurses-test-stat/testscanw.exe)
CSW> also does not work.

CSW> Debug results and patches gratefully and gleefully accepted.

when  i  looked  at it last time i've seen the following code fragment
along this function execution:

ncurses\base\vsscanf.c:

NCURSES_EXPORT(int, vsscanf)
(const char *str, const char *format, va_list ap)
{
        /*
         * You don't have a native vsscanf(3), and you don't have System-V
         * compatible stdio internals.  You're probably using a BSD
         * older than 4.4 or a really old Linux.  You lose.  Upgrade
         * to a current C library to win.
         */
        return -1;      /* not implemented */
}