Re: How to make Ghostscript 5.50 using native windows GUI

Andrew Markebo wrote:

> / Andrew Markebo <flognat@flognat.myip.org> wrote:
> | [...]
> | Stuff like rxvt? xterm? xv? emacs in x-mode..

Yes.  Rxvt has already been ported using this method.

> Reading the topic, adding gs, are you still wanting to display
> postscriptfiles in a microsoft windows window??
>
> There are drivers in ghostscript for this..

My concern isn't so much for packages that are ported to Win32 mode
already, although it may, my concern is for those X11 UNIX packages that
have not yet been ported and to ease the labor of porting just as Cygwin
itself eases porting of POSIX packages.

> Sorry if I am seeming to be a little 'X GUI nooohh!' but I think it is
> quite a bit of work, and you might also start to wonder why anybody
> haven't done this before, commercial/non-commercial, there ought to be
> money in this, helping to port x-applications to windows nativity..

I believe that there are commercial applications that do this, and they
are typically bundled with an X server.  Uhm, Reflections is one package
that comes to mind.  I'll allow the Win32 GUI server to serve the
application or it will allow you to use an X server to serve the
application.

Earnie.