Re: Is GNU GCJ part of Cygwin GCC?

Hi Christopher,

Thanks for your fast response.

How much effort would be required to do the port?  No I'm not offering to do
the port, yet, I still have a day job I can't quit, (morgage to pay and all
that), plus I've never tackled anything this big, (presuming it is a big
effort).  But I'd really like to see a .java/.class to .exe/.dll compiler
for Window$, (why does Linux have all the cool stuff (duh?!)).  (Personally
I think Sun needs to move this way and extend Java to become a full
programming language. All this platform independent stuff is brilliant, but
what happens if you want to distribute a small program and can't quarantee
that the end-user has Java installed? - get them to find a Java distribution
site, down load 20MB and install Java - don't think so, not for 99% of
computer users.)

For newbies to porting, do you offer any assistance? (I was brought up on
BASIC in '82 and and about 36 hours of PASCAL lectures at university,
followed by a crash course in FORTRAN, because that's what industry actually
uses, and so am self taught in C, Java, and currently being horrified by
C++, because there is no .java to .exe/.dll native compiler!)

Also is there any form of finacial sponsership?  Sorry for being so crass,
but I work full-time, and then try and run my own business from home in the
evenings and weekends, so don't have much time.

Have many other people asked you about GCJ for Windows?

Thanks for your time,

Alex