include file problems

I'm trying to compile Winboard and I get this error:
---
$ make -f cygwin.mak
gcc -I. -mwindows -mno-cygwin    -c -o winboard.o winboard.c
winboard.c:70: strings.h: No such file or directory
make: *** [winboard.o] Error 1
---
I found strings.h in C:\cygwin\usr\include. When I removed the line that
referred to strings.h, it went on compiling for a while and then got stuck
on some more include files. The most obvious explanation would be the cygwin
paths are screwed up somehow. I just don't have any experience w/ cygwin so
I don't know how to fix it. I tried the only thing I knew how to do and I
added that directory to my PATH variable in autoexec.bat and rebooted. Well,
still not fixed. Any help?

Daniel Childs
SurviveThis!   http://www.survivethis.com/
Stories of survival in extreme situations. Receive money and prizes for
writing.