Re: Does win2000 come with SSH daemon ?

On Thu, Mar 22, 2001 at 09:14:39AM -0700, Bret Jordan wrote:
> What I have found out about sftpd and things that I have found it won't
> work with out are:
>
> 1) You must use bash/sh in the passwd file

After retrospecting discussions on the openssh-unix-dev mailing list
I found that there's a problem using sftp together with a bash shell
when your /etc/bashrc or ~/.bashrc files have commands in them which
print things to stdout or stderr.

You should avoid any printing in .bashrc.

> > > Hmm, I'm clueless. ssh shouldn't ask for the passphrases and it
> > > doesn't on my box if I set RSAAuthentication to no.

I just uploaded a brand new version of OpenSSH (2.5.2p2) to latest.
One of the problems solved is that the client no longer asks for the
passphrase if the key will not be accepted by the server...

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.