tcsh freezing on ls, pwd, cd

I'm having issues where my tcsh windows are freezing after I do an ls, pwd,
or cd command.

After using them for a bout 30 minutes they freeze and wont let me break out
without killing the process through the task manager.

Has anyone else has similar experiences and know how I can fix it?

Thanks
Sean

winNT sp6 dual 933 512mb ram