Re: sftp

Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 03, 2001 at 05:05:16PM +0200, Ronald Hecht wrote:
> >

> > Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> > > Could you please try the latest OpenSSH-2.5.2p2-3 version
> > > which I uploaded yesterday. It should have arrived on the
> > > mirrors already.
> > >

> > I have the latest version, but I'm wondering about the remote software
> > version OpenSSH2.3.0_p1 in this package. I got this info with -v option.
> > The behaviour seems to depend on how the sshd is invoced - inetd or
> > srvany. Whith inetd after ls it hangs and whith srvany it hangs
> > immediately after log on.
>
> Apparently you haven't installed everything correctly.
> If the remote sshd reports version OpenSSH2.3.0_p1 you
> didn't update the sshd or you have started another
> version which still is on your system. Does your inetd.conf
> contain a path /usr/local/sbin/sshd, perhaps?

Ok, I have had an old sshd.exe named (copied to) in.sshd.exe. inetd has used
this one.
I replaced it with a symlink. Probably this should be mentioned in the doc
of openssh. I'm now using all the new versions.

Unfortunately, this hasn't solved the problem. After "ls" sftp hangs. I think
the
bug is in the sftp-server.exe. If I type ctrl-c I get a sftp-server-dump.

> Did you stop sshd before updating? Otherwise setup cannot
> replace sshd.
>
> Are you sure having not another cygwin1.dll on your system?

Yes I'm sure. Checked with Filemon.