Re: sftp

After replacing the sftp-server.exe with the test version Corinna posted
to the list:

On WinNT4sp6 + cygwin1-20010401.dll, sshd runs as a service under
Administrator account (with all appropriate rights).

Administrator@192.168.0.2# sftp Administrator@192.168.0.2
sftp> put  (fine)
sftp> get  (fine)
sftp> ls   (hangs)

Administrator@192.168.0.2# scp Administrator@192.168.0.2:MACROS.TXT .
(works)
Administrator@192.168.0.2# ssh -l Administrator 192.168.0.2
(works)

On a whim, I tried changing user contexts.  While ssh/scp work fine, and
the sftp login works okay, very little within sftp works.  I'm not sure
if this is a new problem with the test version of sftp-server, or if it
was pre-existing.

Administrator@192.168.0.2# sftp cwilson@192.168.0.2
sftp> put makewhatis (this file exists in the current local directory)
Uploading makewhatis to makewhatis
Couldn't get handle: No such file or directory
sftp> get hello.c (this file exists in cwilson's home dir)
Couldn't stat remote file: No such file or directory
File "/e/Users/cwilson/hello.c" not found
sftp> ls
Couldn't get handle: no such file or directory
sftp> (doesn't hang)

Administrator@192.168.0.2# scp cwilson@192.168.0.2:hello.c . (hello.c
exists in cwilson's home dir)
scp: hello.c: No such file or directory

Administrator@192.168.0.2# ssh -l cwilson 192.168.0.2
bash-2.04$   (!!! can't read my .bashrc file!)
bash-2.04$ ls
ls: .: No such file or directory

Now, this seems to be new.  For some reason, user-context changes aren't
working very well as of p2-3.  This *used* to work.  I am using password
auth, and Adminstrator, the account under which the sshd service is
running, has the appropriate rights.

On W2Ksp1 + cygwin1-20010401.dll, sshd runs as a service under
Administrator account (with all appropriate rights).

Administrator@192.168.0.5# sftp Administrator@192.168.0.5
sftp> put  (fine)
sftp> get  (fine)
sftp> ls   (fine; no hang)

Administrator@192.168.0.5# sftp cwilson@192.168.0.5
sftp> put  (fine)
sftp> get  (fine)
sftp> ls   (fine; no hang)

This is bizarre. I'm starting to wonder if my NT4 installation is
seriously hosed.

--Chuck