Re: chmod

At 10:40 AM 4/5/2001, Simha, Shuba wrote:
>I downloaded cygwin for my winNT 4.
>I am using SSH & SCP from Cygwin to connect to a remote host(with a
>different username as that of cygwin) & get some files. But when I do scp,
>it says "permission denied". I tried changing the permissions of the
>homedir, but since chmod does not work on cygwin (which is very
>disgusting!!), I am stuck here !!
>I read all the documentation, FAQ & user guides about chmod. I badly want
>scp to work, please help...
>What about ntea? How do I set this environment variable? I want to make
>clear that this client machine is used for heavy applications, that are
>memory & space intensive. I understand that ntea creates a file that grows
>extensively! Are there any possible solutions for my problem??

Are you suggesting that you're running NT 4 with FAT partitions?  If so,
setting your CYGWIN environment variable to ntea is your only option for
getting chmod to work with Cygwin.  If you use NTFS partitions, you're better
off setting ntsec.  Since you've already read the user guide documentation,
I'm sure I don't need to point you to the page that describes these settings
and what they mean.

Hope that's helpful to you,