setup.exe : nice in theory, not-so-clever in practice!

Hi people,

This feedback comes from a longtime Cygwin user, until recently using B19.
>From the FAQ:

>>Unlike previous net releases such as B20.1 and earlier, there is no
monolithic
>>"full" or "usertools" installation. Rather, you can pick and choose the
packages
>>you wish to install, and update them individually.

Sorry, I *want* a monolithic installer!!! We used to have one with B19, and
I would like it back! Please!  :)

Now, I appreciate that a lot of work has gone into setup.exe, that it's very
cleverly done, and that it's new and interesting compared to "boring"
traditional installers. But that doesn't stop it being a bad idea. I just
want to download a single installer, run it, and install.

Drawbacks of setup.exe:
* Separate TCP/IP connections have to be established for each component that
is downloaded. The speed of a TCP/IP connection typically increases during
its lifetime. By using lots of shortlived connections rather than a single
long one, you throw away this benefit.
* If network problems occur during the installation, you have a
semi-complete installation.
* If at a subsequent time you wish to reinstall the same version of Cygwin,
the means of doing this is far from clear.

People use "monolithic" installers for a reason. They're atomic (i.e. a
single file), easy to move from one place to another on your file system,
easy to manage, and easy to understand.  I do believe the phrase "too clever
by half" applies to your installer!!!

By all means keep the new system, but *please* could you reinstate the
option of a monolithic installer too???

Please take these comments in the spirit of constructive criticism!  :)
Thanks,
Joe