Re: Login/Domains

From: "Jacek Trzcinski" <jacek@certum.pl>

> Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, Apr 09, 2001 at 12:19:52PM +0100, Morrison, John wrote:
> > > Hi All,
> > >
> > > I'm trying to get ssh (along with everyone else I think *GRIN*)
working.

> > Not *grin*. I would really like to know how much people don't have
> > a problem to run sshd (besides me).
>

> I have no problems with sshd both with password and rsa authentication
> My only difficulty is using sftp/sftp-server - last frequent problem on
> cygwin list.

I still have had no success with rsa authentication.  But I have fixed the
scp/sftp exception by reinstalling Cygwin -- I suspect it had something to
do with rights when moving my drive from FAT32 to NTFS (CYGWIN=ntsec).  I'm
still trying to get rsa to work.  I'm now running sshd via inetd installed
as service, running under user ROOT (ROOT is part of a SERVICERUNNER group
w/ all the required privileges).  I'm using "ssh -2 -l root ..." to get in
and it doesn't even ask for my rsa password (yes, the .pub is appended to
the sshd authorized_keys2 file)...