Re: building cygwin.dll instructions

On Thu, Apr 12, 2001 at 12:37:24PM +1000, Robert Collins wrote:
> [...]

Yes, it should be documented.  We probably need to break out the
Contributing portion of the Cygwin web page into a "Contributing to
the Cygwin core" and "Contributing an application".

One reason that I haven't done this is that I keep meaning to make my
super-wonderful automatic, drop in a package and it builds, installation
system available. (Earnie bugs me about this every time I mention it)

I have a grand plan of making a cygwin-apps repository available where
people could kick off builds on sources.redhat.com which would
eventually be automatically placed in the correct location.  I was
planning on checking in my 'mknetrel' package into that.  It's just
a large shell-script hack but it works pretty well.

Unfortunately, hard disk problems on sources.redhat.com, compounded with
recent network snafus* have kept me from implementing my goal.

I'd also love to have a web-based contribution system which would allow
people to submit their tar balls, write up a cygwin-announce blurb, and
forward the info to corinna and me for review.  Anyone want to take a
shot at that?  I'll send you a nifty Cygwin tee-shirt if you can implement
something like this.

cgf

*Someone sent a 15MB attachment to the 584 member ecos-discuss mailing list
resulting in massive network slowdowns.