Re: fork expert needed: (was Re: pthreads update for the adventurous)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Christopher Faylor" <cgf@redhat.com>
To: <cygwin@cygwin.com>
Sent: Sunday, April 15, 2001 12:31 PM
Subject: Re: fork expert needed: (was Re: pthreads update for the
adventurous)

> On Sat, Apr 14, 2001 at 04:49:43PM +1000, Robert Collins wrote:

Oh. Well I infer that it only occurs with threads enabled in python, or
Jason wouldn't be telling us. Any hints Chris for possible races/locks
that might prevent the child doing the relocation if the parent has
active threads ? (We could look at just suspending all the other
threads, but that is definately non-posix behaviour (timers would be
missed etc).

I'm off to dream up some directions for Jason et al to tweak the code as
test cases..

Rob