From: egor duda [mailto:deo@logos-m.ru]
Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2001 9:41 AM
To: Mariellen Puckett
Cc: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: How to obtain patch for environment problem with PATH

Hi!

Tuesday, 17 April, 2001 Mariellen Puckett mpuckett@granite.com wrote:

i've forwarded this to cygwin mailing list.

MP> I've been trying to debug a problem with cygwin on w2k and came back to
the
MP> site for help.
MP> The minute I setup a PATH and do any command from the cygwin window, I
get
MP> an exception violation in bash.exe (cygwin1.dll).  I thought this patch
MP> might help.

probably not. you can try, of course, but from what you're saying,
your symptoms look a bit different. Actually, the problem is not with
PATH specifically, but with _any_ two environment variables whose names
differ only in case.

see http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin-patches/2001-q2/msg00071.html