disk space needed for cygwin?

Hello,

According to the readme file on the ftp sites for downloading cygwin, the installation should take up less than 100MB of disk space.  However, I've got 500MB of free disk space and when I run the setup program to install cygwin it runs out of disk space and does not complete.  Is there something going wrong with the installation process, or is the information in the readme file out of date?

thanks,
Cassidy Gentle