Re: disk space needed for cygwin?

Cassidy,

As one reference point, I have installed and maintained at the latest
stable release level everything in the latest and contributed directories
(without sources).

On my 10 gig FAT32 partition, this installation requires just over 300
megabytes of allocated space (to hold 220 megabytes of data in ~16600 files
across ~720 directories). Some of that is a sparsely populated /home and
perhaps a small bit of locally applied additions. I can't think of much I
added within the Cygwin install directory, though; Possibly some CygUtils
packages.

Randall Schulz
Teknowledge Corp.
Palo Alto, CA USA