Windows path an logins.

Hi

I am using cygwin to port our HP/Linux application to NT. I am developing
on Linux and compile and link on taget platforms (HP/Linux/Cygwin). I have
NIS running on the 'UNIX' boxes to centralize logins, and NFS mounted
source and object filesystems. On my NT box I use PC-NFS to map my source
and objects to windows drives, and mount the mapped drives into cygwin. It
works well and I compile and link with no problems. The problems I have not
solved yet is the login issue. I have problems getting the Windows path set
in my default shell after changing the user with a su - !

Why su - ? The developers have their own unix group and rights. Also each
user in NIS has their own id's. To be able to work with the mounted
filesystems the user must have the same user and group id on cygwin as the
equivalent NIS user. This is done by copying the password file. No problem.
I start a bash shell with the --login  option set (cygwin.bat) and all the
windows path entries are included in the bash path. I set my DISPLAY
variable to localhost and start xterm ok. When I do a su - <user name> the
windows path is not there anymore. When trying to start xterm I get the
error message:

_X11TransSocketOpen: socket() failed for tcp
_X11TransSocketOpenCOTSClient: unable to open socket for tcp
etc.

NB: This error is NOT caused by missing /etc/hosts entry!

This error is produced by the network not beeing able to start. It is
because the windows path is not in the SHELLS path environment. Is there a
way to enable the --login option (or simular for tcsh) in the password
file? I whould also like to know if there is a way to add the windows path
explicitly without hardcoding it?

 I have not found a NIS service on cygwin. Is there one?

Regards
Oddvard Myrnes