Re: Request to package maintainers

On Wed, Apr 25, 2001 at 06:42:00PM -0500, steve.snyder@philips.com wrote:
>I would like to make a request of Cygwin's package maintainers: please
>leave the generated config.cache file in the source package.
>
>I suggest this to aid in rebuilding from source packages.  As it is,
>those who want to rebuild there own binaries have no idea what config
>options were used in the standard cygwin build.  The user who wants to
>rebuild the source with config option A may be losing the options X, Y
>and Z used in the original cygwin build.

1) The config.cache is not in the same directory as the sources
   and may not be appropriate for other machines.  If it was, then
   we really wouldn't need configure at all.

2) I don't use any strange options besides setting the various
   exec-prefix, etc., options.  The options that are used have
   been posted here many times.

cgf