From: Troy Noble [mailto:troy.noble@channelpoint.com]
Sent: Friday, April 27, 2001 12:27 PM
To: 'Karr, David'; 'cygwin@cygwin.com'
Subject: RE: Information on running tcl/tk with cygwin?

Might you be talking about TkDiff?  It has moved from its original
location and AccuRev now appears to be maintaining it.  So some
of the older web links (for example on Scriptics) are stale or
no longer working.  I did find it not too long ago at:

http://www.accurev.com/free/tkdiff/index.html

I installed the current version of Tcl/Tk from the cygwin distro,
and have been running that without difficulty.  Of course I'm sure
I don't put it under any heavy stress per se.

I recall having to do something to get it to work with cygwin
since line 4 of the script reads:

exec wish "$0" -- ${1+"$@"}

and of course wish is really called cygwish80.exe in the cygwin
distro.  Could probably solve it with a symlink or an alias
of wish that refers to cygwish80.exe, I will leave that up to
you to try.

If I recall, I just commented out that line and then I start
the script using an alias that I define in my .bashrc:

alias tkdiff="cygwish80.exe -f /cygwin/usr/local/bin/tkdiff.tcl"

Troy