Re: Cygwin for Windows Me

> The telnet session has some problems (like the PS1 strings don't
"expand"),
> but I can telnet in, find a I want/need ... <snip>

One thing to check for this problem is that you are running the right shell.
mkpasswd defaults to setting everyones shell to be /bin/sh which has this
problem. Its easy to edit the passwd file and manually change the shells, or
even easier to delete /bin/sh and replace it with a copy of /bin/bash and
never have to worry about it again (you will probably have to do this from
windows).

Hope this helps,

Mike Schatz