Re: Who controls window title??

Thanks for this.  But, there is slightly cleaner
solution that you helped point me to.  My PS1 in
/etc/profile is set to:
export PS1='\[\033]0;\w\007
\033[32m\]\u@\h \[\033[33m\w\033[0m\]
$ '
I added a \h: to the first part of the PS1 string, right before
the \w (print working directory).  Now my PS1 looks like:
export PS1='\[\033]0;\h:\w\007
\033[32m\]\u@\h \[\033[33m\w\033[0m\]
$ '

Fixes the other small problem where xttitle would set the
window title, and then bash's PS1 would re-set it back to just
working directory (That's what tipped me back to the PS1
string.  I could see xttitle changing the title, and then see
it getting re-set back to just the pwd.)