Re: cvs broken on win2k after recent cygwin upgrade: "The descriptor is a file, not a socket"

On Mon, Apr 30, 2001 at 10:44:00PM -0400, Charles S. Wilson wrote:

> > > How is that implemented?  I don't see it in the code.  Where is
> > > that implemented below?
> >
> > It's not that obvious. Since WsaStartup is called with a requested
> > version of 2.2 in wsa_init(), the wsock32 code asks if winsock 2 is
> > available on the system. If so, it will be used. The reason for
> > the special winsock 2 functions couldn't be resolved otherwise.
> >
> > > Also the two tests for ws32_handle and wsock32_handle look reversed.
> > >
> [snip]
> >
> > It is. WsaStartup should only be called once regardless whether the
> > first winsock function is a version 1.1 or version 2 function. The
> > wsa_init function is only called if it's not already called from the
> > other entry point.
>
> I'm confused.  Corinna, does your statement mean that the code in
> autoload.cc is correct as it is now (which is the same as it was at the
> time this email was written) --- or does autoload.cc need to be
> "corrected" to unreverse the ws32_handle and wsock32_handle tests?
> (I'm going through my cygwin inbox trying to tie up some open threads
> w.r.t "my" packages)

Sorry for being unclear. What I meant was, it is correct as it is.
That's what I meant to say but actually, it's not really correct.
Unlike the other LoadDLLxxx functions a ipreliminary check for
handle != NULL is missing. I will add it now.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.