Re: broken ncurses-installation

Charles Wilson <cwilson@ece.gatech.edu> writes:

> Felix, this is the second time you have explicitly listed your "command
> line" -- but that "command line" did not have the required '-lcurses'
> argument.  This is also the second time you have claimed, "oh yeah, I
> "of course" had that option" after somebody pointed out that it was
> missig.  Are you SURE you had the -lcurses?  (Or did you forget to type
> the MOST IMPORTANT fraggin' part of the command in TWO separate email
> messages, but "of course" NOT forget when typing it in their shell?  --

I just copied the first mail and forgot to correct that mistake.

> cut-n-paste from the command window is your friend...)

yes, my windows-skills are very limited (without having emacs around ;-)).

> Also, the fact that '-lcurses' was not included in your email messages
> means that we don't know *where* in your command line the 'lcurses'
> argument appeared (you know it has to come *after* the object files that
> require it, right?)

yes, *thank you* that was it.
I attempted:
        gcc -lcurses test_curses.c -o test_curses.exe
and this works:
        gcc test_curses.c -o test_curses.exe -lcurses

Is there a reason why gcc/ld behave different than on GNU/Linux
(the first command works fine on linux) ?

--
Felix Natter