Re: ssh -- you don't exist, go away!

At 06:25 PM 5/3/2001, Curt Springer wrote:
>Hi,
>I downloaded cygwin as vanilla as possible afaik to my win nt 4.0 box.
>
>from setup log:
>Installing latest/openssh/openssh-2.5.2p2-3.tar.gz
>
>when I try to use ssh to get to a host on which I have an account (and which I access regularly using Secure CRT), I get the message
>"you don't exist, go away!"
>
>Same result whether typed in bash shell or executed in windows bat file at 'dos' prompt.
>
>I can execute the command on a win 2000 machine where some version of cygwin was installed some time ago, and it works fine.
>
>I hunted around previous postings but didn't find anything quite like this.
>
>Could somebody tell me what to look at.
>
>Thanks,
>
>-- Curt Springer

Run setup again to make sure you didn't miss any packages.  If that doesn't
help, try a different mirror to make sure you're not hitting a download
snag.  If you're sure you've downloaded and installed everything and there
are still problems, email the list with the precise steps you take and the
output you get.