More bizzare Bash-2.04-5 auto-completion problems

Hi All

I am also suffering from the problem of not being able to use bash to
autocomplete script names of scripts that are in my path.

But before this becomes a 'me too' post, i've also noticed something else.
When i do:

S<tab><tab>

I get:

SAMPLES       SETVER.EXE    SORT.EXE      SVUNINST.EXE  SendTo
SCANDISK.EXE  SIGVERIF.EXE  SRS           SYS.COM       ShellNew
SCANDSKW.EXE  SMARTDRV.EXE  ST5UNST.EXE   SYSBCKUP      Start Menu
SCANREG.EXE   SNDREC32.EXE  START.EXE     SYSMON.EXE
SCANREGW.EXE  SNDVOL32.EXE  SUBST.EXE     SYSTEM
SETDEBUG.EXE  SOL.EXE       SULFNBK.EXE   SYSTEM32

Now as well as including EXEs which should be there, there are also
subdirectories of folders that are in my path.

The above command was executed from $HOME. But, for example, SendTo and
Start Menu are both subdirectories of /c/WINDOWS. And SRS is a subdirectory
of my /c/WORK/RELEASE/LIB

Should bash be doing this?  I tried the same on a linux box (which was
running an older verison of bash) and it doesn't.

I can't see any benifit of autocompleting directory names before a command
has first been entered. (ie. i agree that  cd S<tab><tab>  should list
sub-directories of the current directory).

Sagar

Sagar R. Shah
http://www.netnexus.co.uk/
http://www.netnexus.uklinux.net/