gcc

I did an update the other day and now gcc is broken.  I get a message from the
loader saying it can't find crt0.o.  That file is in /lib where it's always
been.  If I run ld and give crt0.o explicitly, another error message results
about more unfound stuff.

I've got a somewhat unstandard setup.  I want to be able to access all of my
files, so instead of mounting / to point to \cygwin, I've got mount points
/lib /usr and so on which point into \cygwin.

What is the "cygdrive" business?  Is it new?