Re: Brainstorming a fix for CTRL-C handling in an emacs shell buf fer (non-TTY)

On Tue, May 08, 2001 at 05:46:05PM -0600, Troy Noble wrote:
>Looks like a I caught a break this time.
>
>I can't tell if we're converging on a solution at this point or
>diverging.  However, I did want to get you some usable strace
>output if possible.

This is a symptom of things working, though.  I'm trying to get an
strace of a failing situation.

>Let me know if I've worn out my welcome or if you want me to
>move to the developer list to cut down the traffic on this list.
>
>I started bash in an emacs buffer, then ran "strace bash",
>then ran my "ls -lR".  Then pressed CTRL-C.
>
>If I read the strace output correctly,
>it looks like bash figures out that it has a child process,
>and I can see the child process responding to the SIGINT signal.

I don't see bash sending a SIGINT.

>The "ls" process ctrl_c_handler never gets invoked, which is
>good.  So I'm 99% sure that ls shut down in response to bash's
>signal.  Bash then detects that the child exited and removes
>it from its table of child processes.

It does receive a SIGINT and die but I don't know why.  Are you
working with a pure Cygwin from CVS?

cgf