Re: colon got in file name -> can't delete!

Hi

The problem is: Windows does not allow colons
in filenames. However, colons can be stored
on disk itself. And somehow cygwin managed
to write colon in filename to disk.

The only way to delete the file was
to run ntfsdos utility (available from
sysinternals.com) from DOS to access
the NTFS volume and delete the stupid file.
Thanks everyone for your responses.

Regards,
Andrew

http://www.helixdigital.com