Re: Why does /etc/profile unset TMP and TMPDIR?

"Anderson, Michael" wrote:

> I have found that the default /ect/profile file has the following two
> commands:
> unset TMP
> unset TMPDIR
>
> Both of these variable names are used to perform certain functions within
> the ModelSim Verilog HDL Simulation tool. I have set them in my .bashrc file
> and am now occasionally receiving runtime errors during extensive
> simulations. Does anyone now if runtime errors could be related to the
> inclusion of the TMP and TMPDIR environment variables within Cygwin? Or
> better yet, does anyone know why are they unset in the first place?

These are unset because they are typically found in the Win32
environment and will most likely cause questions to the list if left set
because typical UNIX programs use these.  No the runtime errors are not
due to these variables being set wrt. Cygwin itself.

--
Earnie.