RE: inetd as a microsoft service can't find /etc/inetd.conf

So am I. I do know that one needs to do the mkpasswd step,
and that is not in inetutils-1.3.2.README

I have done this:

  inetd -- install-as service

  net start inetd  (and indeed two inetd'd run)

  - The environment variable CYGWIN must be either set in the system
    environment to be active from start on or you can set CYGWIN thru
    the registry:
    Under the key HKLM\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\Program Options
    create a key of type REG_SZ (String) named like the full DOS path
    to the application, eg. "C:\usr\bin\inetd.exe" and with the value
    equal to the preferred CYGWIN settings, eg "binmode tty ntsec".

I had to use the CYGWIN variable, since regedit just won;'t accept
"\" in key names, so that documented step option seems just wrong.

  - The system environment variable PATH must contain the path
    to the directory which contains the cygwin1.dll.

Then there is this step, which doesn't make sense,
and doesn't seem to be addressed in the user guide.
Just what does this mean anyway?
(and I have been using cygin for the last 2.5 years
 without needing it as far as I can tell...)

  - No user mount point is valid anymore! You have to install all
    your mount points in the system mount table. This doesn't
    change after you have logged in to a normal user account eg.
    via telnet/rlogin. It's possible that we can use the user
    mounts as soon as somebody contributes a patch to login and
    ftp that allows loading a user hive into the registry after
    authentication.

Thanks, Mark