Re: [CYGWIN] Re: SIGTERM does not stop backend postgres processes immediately

Hi,

Here's a snippet from the Linux section 2 manual page:

int  select(int  n,  fd_set  *readfds,  fd_set  *writefds, fd_set
*exceptfds, struct timeval *timeout));
timeout  is  an  upper bound on the amount of time elapsed before select
returns. It may be zero, causing  select  to return  immediately.
If  timeout  is  NULL  (no timeout), select can block indefinitely.

Does the indefinite-timeout variant of select exist and work under Cygwin
(or Windows, as the case may be) compatibly with the Linux API spec?

If so, why not use this variant of select? I agree with you, Chris, that
polling is very much to be avoided, but as work-arounds go, this approach
might be acceptable to me.

Randall Schulz
Mountain View, CA USA