Re: ANN: JDE 2.2.7.1 available at ...

On Thu, May 24, 2001 at 08:43:54AM -0400, Paul Kinnucan wrote:
>At 12:35 AM 5/24/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>>Is there some reason why this message keeps showing up here?  This is
>>not a cygwin application, AFAIK.  Am I wrong?
>
>Anyway, since you find these announcements, which are relatively rare
>considering the volume of traffic on this list, obnoxious, I will no longer
>announce JDE releases on this list.

I did not say that I found the announcements obnoxious.  I do find them
arguably off-topic and given the volume of submissions to this mailing
list, anything that I can do to decrease traffic, I will do.

I specifically asked for feedback from other people to see if your
announcements were useful.  I did this because I do not use JDE in any
way, and have no idea how it would relate to cygwin.  However, I did not
want to arbitrarily stop a service that others considered beneficial.

I tried very hard to keep the tone of my message nonconfrontational but
apparently I failed and somehow managed to convey a level of rancor which
was not actually there.  I apologize for whatever it was that you found
objectional in my query.

cgf