hello from Russia

Hello cygwin,

Hi there! I am very sorry for disturbing you with my problem. I am a
newbie cygwin user, i use this outstanding environment for only a
month and a very unexperienced programmer. And have a problem i can't
solve by myself. I believe, it wouldn't take much time from you:))

>From the beginning, i would say i use cygwin-1.3.1-1 with gcc 2.95.3-4

As far as i know, when i compile my program with gcc, for example,

        gcc -s foo.c -o foo.exe

it preprocesses, assembles and compiles a binary exe file and links
cygwin1.dll and kernel32.dll with it. Since that, i get a compact
binary exe file which takes all the functions and subroutines from
cygwin1.dll

But i BADLY need to produce a binary exe file that doesn't depend on
cygwin1.dll and imports ALL the functions and subroutines i use into
this exe file? I need my applications to run under a limited
environment where i can launch only one small binary exe file (that
doesn't exceed 200-300 Kb). But i have a reading access to the remote
kernel32.dll.

How can i build my pretty small and simple console only programs
independently from cygwin1.dll?

I've read all the faqs available from the original cygwin site very
attentively, but, unfortunately, didn't find anything that could help
me to solve this, as i suppose, pretty miserable problem.

I've started to read mail archives but it is too big to find my
anything for problem... Could you please tell me what should i do to
produce an independent from cygwin1.dll binary exe file? What
documentation should i read? Please help me! SOS!

Regards from Russia.

--
Best regards,
 RFC                          mailto:rfcmaster@rambler.ru