About Cygwin 1.0

Hello!

Thank you for the free Cygwin software. One thing I'd like to talk about:
I was surprised to find no information on your pages (especially FAQ)
about the reasons why you have not released the stable Cygwin 1.0
via the net.
  Is it that you want people to use the unstable versions in order
to hasten the development of future versions (by their bug reports)?
In the spirit of the Gnu Public Licence, that would seem immoral to me.
If the public develops the software (under GPL) with their contributions,
they should also be allowed to enjoy the fruits (and not be constrained to
keep toiling with bugs when a stable version exists).
  So please, let me know the true reasons why Cygwin 1.0 is not
distributed on the net.

  If people could more readily use stable versions in their developments,
perhaps Cygwin's reputation would improve (as it pertains to reliability).

I thank you and I wish you success with your Cygwin affairs.

  Regards,

   Vesa Paatero