Terminal emulation problem with SSH

Hi,

I have a problem with the terminal emulation in cygwin (I think).

I have a computer running Win2K, cygwin and a ssh server (ssh secure shell
server). Running cygwin locally on the computer works like a charm, but
when running it remotely (via the ssh server) the problem appears.

Normally, the ssh server is set to run cmd.exe, but I've changed that to
my cygwin.bat, i.e. when logging in I get a bash prompt. The problem is
that newlines seem to be represented by LF only, not CR+LF, and thus the
cursor never is positioned at the beginning of a line in case of a
newline.

I've fiddled around with /etc/termcap a bit, but without success. I've
tried to do a "set TERM=vt100" in cygwin.bat. Also without success.

Ideas, anyone?

Per Jönsson

 Department of Software Engineering and Computer Science
 Blekinge Institute of Technology, Sweden
 Phone (work/mobile): +46 457 385870 / +46 70 5957447
 Mail: per.jonsson@bth.se / per@pjd.nu