Re: ssh hanging--a workaround

On Sat, May 26, 2001 at 02:22:15PM -0700, Karl M wrote:
>  I forced select to return by setting a timeout. The
> timeout does force it to return--and in fact, there is IO waiting to be
> processed.

You're telling that IO is available so select should return but
it doesn't?

>  It is not an ssh bug as far as I can tell.

No, it seems to be a Cygwin problem.

> Also, in the past, I needed pipes and you did not. Now we all have pipes.
> But why do you think that in the past, I needed pipes and you did not?

Dunno. Since I never had a problem using socketpair on my machines
I could never reproduce that. I'm using pipes instead of socketpairs
by default now because pipes seem to work for nearly all people
and pipes are way faster than socketpairs, at least on W2K.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.