Re: cygrunsrv fails to start

Hi All...

An update. I have seen the timeouts when running cygrunsrv with a "--dep
EventLog". So the timeout can happen with or without the "--dep EventLog".
Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.This was the executable off of the
mirrors, not one I was messing with.

If I add syslog statements, when it works I see log entries for all of them.
When it doesn't work, I see none of the log entries that I added. The first
one was just after the openlog call in service_main (and just before the
RegisterServiceCtrlHandlerA call). Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

I tried commenting out the openlog call and all of the syslog calls.
Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

If there were a problem with a dependency on some TCP/IP thing for the
socket, I think that would show up later when sshd connects to port 22.

I'm kind of limited in what I know how to do here...I'm basically doing
printfs with post-mortem analysis. I don't know what else to try. Any
thoughts?

Thanks,

...Karl