Re: URGENT/DRINGEND: Cygwin32 on our shareware CD

On Fri, Jun 01, 2001 at 10:59:49AM +0200, Andrew Markebo wrote:
> Anyone actually answered this??

I'm actually caring about that.

> Do they actually need a 'yes - put it on your CD' as long as they put
> binaries, sources, references on the CD? (Gnu standard procedure)?

They just want to be sure to have no copyright infringements and to have
all information about the product setup correctly.

> IMHO I think it is a good idea.. C'T is a good computer
> magazine.. well it was good, when I managed to put my hands on a
> couple of them back in '92 :-) But reading the recent articles on
> their website doesn't downgrade them I think.

Yeah, I have a subscribtion for that magazin and it's one of the
very few magazines which remained professional over the years.

Most other magazines downgraded to the "Plug in the AC plug and press
the power button to use the PC" level.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.