Re: Maintainer of OpenSSH

Hi --

	I'm working on a project involving the secure ftp client from
OpenSSH with cygwin.  I have realized that I must make some very minor
changes to the source code and recompile it myself, but in doing so, I've
ran into a little problem.
	Specifically, I was planning on only packaging sftp.exe &
cygwin1.dll (don't cringe -- I know this sounds odd) with my project.
This works because the sftp.exe that comes with the OpenSSH2.9p1-2 package
seems to be self-sufficient.  Now that I need to recompile the client
myself, I've noticed that after a connection to a host is made, it tries
to exec '/usr/local/bin/ssh'. This fails, of course, because sftp.exe is
being executed directly and not from a bash shell.
	So, I was wondering how exactly the maintainer of OpenSSH compiled
the package so as to create a self-sufficient executable.  Any help is
greatly appreciated.

	Thanks,
	- Joe Testa

"Those who desire to give up Freedom
in order to gain Security, will not have,
nor do they deserve, either one."

                       -- Thomas Jefferson